Our Employees Are the Heart of What We Do
Passionate and precise. Curious and creative. Hard working and accommodating.
ou could describe the K&A team as all of the above, but bottom line: We’re here to help bring your ideas to life, however big or complex. Our diverse staff has hundreds of years of combined experience in power utilities and infrastructure, which has earned us extensive knowledge and specialized skills. But our unstoppable drive to keep our clients and industries moving forward? That comes from the heart.
Meet the K&A Leadership Team
Substation & Transmission Line Engineering
B.S. & M.S. in Electrical Engineering
- 18 years of experience in the electrical engineering field, with leading roles in program management, project management, construction management, substation design and field engineering
- Experience in control and protection design utilizing microprocessor-based relays
- Leading design teams and managing overall detailed design and construction of electrical substation projects, ranging from 34.5 kV to 345 kV
- Performing short circuit analysis and protection coordination, relay settings, load flow analysis, and arc flash analysis using SKM (PTW32)
Substation and Transmission Engineering, Project and Program Management, Business Development
B.S. in Civil and Environmental Engineering, MBA
- Over 11 years of design and project management experience in the electrical and civil engineering fields. This includes leading roles in program management, project management, construction management, substation design and field engineering
- Leading design teams and managing overall detailed design and construction of electrical substation projects, ranging from 26kV to 500kV
- Leading over $250M projects in the Utility service territory. Working with large teams to execute projects flawlessly (AE’s, substation staff, internal engineers, permitting staff, project controls, and schedulers)
- Proven track record in business development; identifying sales and services that would appeal to clients, and managing company and client expectations
Substation and Transmission Engineering, Project and Program Management
B.S. in Electrical Engineering, MBA
- 35 years of experience in management, engineering and construction of transmission and substation facilities, renewable generation, microgrids, and fossil-fueled and nuclear power-generating station projects
- Experienced in industrial/commercial distribution systems for private, U.S. government and international customers
- Specializes in executing EPC projects in a consortium environment within a division of responsibility (DOR)
- Leader of capital improvement programs from initiation through closeout with CAPEX over $1 billion each
- Skilled in developing EPC project scope, execution plans, risk management plans, and determining resources required, as well as managing scope change, invoice processing and cash flow
Project and Program Management, NERCCIP
B.S. in Electrical and Electronics Engineering, M.S. in Mechanical and Manufacturing Engineering
- 25+ years of experience in power delivery, instrumentation and controls, cyber security, and emergency preparedness
- Experienced in North American Electric Reliability Corporation critical infrastructure protection (NERC CIP) and National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) 72 requirements
- Managed high electromagnetic pulse (HEMP) program to develop a hardened backup energy control center on a mobile platform that can be deployed to multiple locations
- Led numerous mechanical control system upgrade programs within fossil power plants to increase efficiency, generate cost savings and improve environmental impact. Programs included upgrade of combustion controls to Emerson Ovation distributed control system (DCS), AB Rockwell burner management system (BMS) and main gas supply system, which achieved improved boiler efficiency, combustion and NOx emission ratings.
Director of Engineering
Industrial Electrical Engineering & Energy Services
BS in Electrical Engineering
- 25+ years of electrical engineering experience in applications of power systems, SCADA and energy controls for utility and industrial projects
- Engineered an instrumentation and control scheme using Rockwell Automation Program logic controls and variable frequency drives to achieve a net reduction in client’s energy usage and reduction in operations/maintenance cost of $2.3 million/yr.
- Experience in Project management, design-build and estimation of multimillion dollar projects
- Developed a $42 million infrastructure renewal project for a 30 MGD Waste Water Plant, 235 forced main lift stations, and 10 MGD water well system, including 5 million forced main to gravity conversion.
Inside Sales / Project
Oil & Gas, Power Generation, Project Management
BS in Chemical Engineering and Petroleum Refining
- 23+ years of Process Engineering and Project Management experience in a wide variety of industries including Power Generation & Delivery, Oil & Gas, Petrochemical, Biopharmaceutical, and Industrial Waste Water Treatment
- Proficient in Gated Project Execution methodology, Change Management, Project Documentation & Reporting, including budget and schedule management and forecasting
- Specializing in proposal development, sales process management, pricing strategies, development of qualification packages and marketing materials
- Developed and executed small- to medium sized refinery projects from conceptual design through construction, commissioning and closeout. Fully responsible for project profitability, safety, client satisfaction and contractual requirements. Managed project resources, scope, schedule, and budget.